“I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.”
Alice, “Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass” by Lewis Carroll
What I try to do when I am sad and feeling low.
- Don’t look at blogs and websites that are better than yours. You will just get more depressed about how much you want to do with yours that you don’t have the time to do. And for heaven’s sake, don’t look at the “Home Decor” or “DIY & Crafts” sections on Pinterest. Stick to “Humour” and “Geek”.
- Pick one small task. Do it. This could be as little as clearing off one spot in your kitchen. Then you can look at that clean spot and think: “I did that” And you did!
- Eat a butter tart square. Just one. You will feel better.
- Pick one more small task. Do that.
- Take a couple of deep breaths. Look out the window. Hopefully it is sunny. Smile, even if it isn’t.
You will be okay.